Great Awakening Assembly-Detroit is a Charismatic Hebraic assembly of believers. As a Torah-Observant, Messianic and Spirit-Filled Community, we actively teach the Hebrew foundations of the faith. We observe the weekly Sabbath (on the seventh day) known as Saturday, just as did the Savior, Luke 4:16, as well as Paul and the Apostles, Acts 13:42-46; 17:2; 18:4. Singing, preaching, prayer, prophecy, special music and familiar songs are a part of our worship. Our membership comes from nearly all denominations and all walks of life. Most began searching for deeper truth when they learned that their former church/affiliation was teaching another message from what they found in Scripture.
Our Mission includes spreading the Gospel (Besorah), The Good News of Yahushua Ha Mashiach, the only brought forth Son of Yahuah (Yah-hoo-wah)! We are NOT associated with any man-made denomination. We are a non-sectarian, non-denominational, non-camp affiliated, community of Believers. We are a group of Messianic believers who are awakened to our original identity and heritage as “Hebrews” and seek to awaken the Body of Believers from the anti-biblical doctrines of modern-day So-called Christianity.
Great Awakening Assembly is a Charismatic Hebraic assembly of believers. As a Torah-Observant, Messianic, and Spirit-Filled Community. We actively teach the Hebrew foundations of the faith. So-called Christianity in general has not been faithful in following the Bible. Surprisingly, many of today’s popular teachings and customs are not based in Scripture. We strive to return to the old paths of truth that have largely been ignored, and obediently follow in the footsteps of the Messiah, Jude 3.
Jude 3 speaks directly to us: “Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that you should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.” This original faith as practiced in the early New Testament Assembly is being restored now by New Breed Assembly and many others Hebrew communities in this generation.
We observe the weekly Sabbath (on the seventh day) known as Saturday, just as did the Savior, Luke 4:16, as well as Paul and the Apostles, Acts 13:42-46; 17:2; 18:4. Singing, preaching, special music and familiar songs are a part of our worship. Our membership comes from nearly all denominations and all walks of life. Most began searching for deeper truth when they learned that their former church/affiliation was teaching another message from what they found in Scripture. We continue to search the Bible for deeper understanding. Much of the church has deviated from the truth of the Scriptures. We make every effort to root out error that has crept into modern worship and return to the paths of pure worship. We believe that the Bible teaches a way of life through the commandments in the Old Testament and from the same example of obedience given us by our Savior in the New Testament. When necessary, we research the original languages of the Bible as closely as we can, assuming and believing nothing unless it is shown in Scripture. As a group we are committed to “study to show ourselves approved” (2Tim. 2:15 ), and to “prove all things, hold fast to that which is “good,” (1Thessalonians 5:21).
Our Mission includes spreading the (Besorah), The Good News of Yahushua Ha Mashiach, the only brought forth Son of Yahuah (Yah-hoo-wah)! We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to know the Good News of the Messiah and the truth of the Father Yahuah. We want to share these truths we have discovered with everyone who has “eyes to see and ears to hear” (Matthew 13:16). Matthew 24:14 tells us that ‘once the Good News is proclaimed to all the nations of the world, the end shall come’. This is our desire, to reach as much people as we can.
We are NOT associated with any man-made denomination. We are a non-sectarian, non-denominational, non-camp affiliated, reformed community of Believers. We are a group of Messianic believers who are awakened to our original identity and heritage as “Hebrews” and seek to awaken the Body of Believers from the anti-biblical doctrines of modern-day So-called Christianity. We teach about the Scriptures from the Scriptures. We do not claim to have all of the answers. We encourage all to open their Bibles and see for themselves that we back up ALL of our claims from Scripture to the best of our knowledge. We don’t take credit for anything, we give all thanks, praise and esteem to our Father Yahuah.
We also call our Heavenly Father by His revealed, personal name Yahuah, which He says is His memorial name forever, Exodus 3:15. Many Bible scholars and Hebrew leaders will acknowledge that "Yah" is the correct name of the Heavenly Father. The short form of His name, Yah, can be seen in many words, including the most popular hallelujah (“halleluYAH,” meaning, “praise you Yah”). It is also found in the suffix of Biblical names like IsaYAH, (Isaiah), JeremYAH (Jeremiah), NehemYAH (Nehemiah), and ObadYAH (Obadiah). The well-known “Jehovah” is a very poor transliteration and never was His name, for there is no J or J sound in either Hebrew or any Semitic language from which we got the Bible.
Although many in our congregation struggle with this, our objective is not to find the use of the pagan titles of “God” and “Lord.” We ultimately, want to stop referring to the Messiah, Yahusha with the Greek Name of So-called Jesus. [We admit this is not easy]. Although this is our goal we operate by grace and not legalism. We acknowledge that, as flipping through your Bible, one can discover that the Father Yahuah deems His Name important we do also. Because of this, we will not make His Name vain, empty, useless or unimportant by covering it up and not using it.
We acknowledge Yahusha Ha Mashiach as our Messiah, High Priest, Rabbi (Master), Mediator. Yahusha Ha Mashiach is our Bridegroom. We, believers, make up the body of Mashiach (Messiah) and we are the Bride. As all brides, we must prepare ourselves for the Bridegroom! We need to keep our relationship with our Bridegroom pure, not having it defiled with pagan worship, but by keeping the marriage vows because we love HIM! We believe in having our hearts circumcised. We believe the Ten Commandments are the marriage vows to the Bride. We are the Bride. We believe in repentance and turning back around to Him. We believe that Yahusha Ha Mashiach is the Word that was in the beginning. He was and still is the Son of the living El. He is the Word that became flesh and dwelt among us (John 1:1, 1:14). We strive to abandon the celebration of today’s modern holidays the world celebrates today. We believe only celebrating the festivals commanded in the Scriptures. Please do not confuse the Torah with the Talmud. We are strongly against the observance & obedience of the Talmud. The Talmud is the bondage Yahusha spoke about towards the Pharisees concerning their “Traditions of Men”.
We are a peaceful, Holy Spirit-filled, prophetic community that will never use race bait tactics in the name of religion, use ethnically derisive theology, or use suggestive claims of racial superiority. We believe, like many, any believer of any nationality, ethnicity, creed, or tongue can know the Most High through his son, Yahusha haMashiach (Messiah) or as some call "Jesus." Our congregation is an advocate of blacks knowing their true identity other than being referred to by two continents (Africa & America). It was once said, "A people without or unaware of their history doesn't exist."You can only hide the truth for so long!
“The Great Awakening Assembly is a part of a family of Torah-observant, messianic spirit-filled assemblies throughout the world established to Reawaken the dispersed of Israel and Redeem the lost to Recover the Hebrew origins of the faith and Reclaim original heritage while Representing as a light unto the nations by Remembering the Commandments of the Scriptures, Reinforcing the Gospel of the Kingdom and Restoring unadulterated truth and worship.”
REAWAKENING the dispersed of Israel scattered all over the four corners of the earth (Isaiah 11:12) by teaching, fellowshipping and gathering according to the Scriptures by:
A. waking-up “Black America” to their true identity as Hebrews of the Scriptures
B. raising awareness about how African Americans and other Bantus Negroes around the world are fulfilling biblical prophecy by rediscovering their ancient identity
REDEEMING the lost by:
A. preaching the truth of the proper historical context and doctrine of the Scriptures to all races, colors, and ethnicities, spreading the full truth of the gospel.
B. spreading the (Besorah), The Good News of Yahusha Ha Mashiach, the only brought forth Son of Yahuah (Yah-hoo-wah) and that everyone should have the opportunity to know the Good News of the Messiah and the truth of the Father Yahuah.
C. baptizing (immersed) believers in the name of Yahusha HaMaschiach, as a public act of ritual conversion from death to life, from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light, from Satan’s domain to Yah’s domain.
D. baptizing believers in the Ruach HaQodesh (Holy Spirit) and fire is a gift from Yah as promised by Yahusha the Messiah to all believers and is received subsequent to the New Birth (Matt. 3:11; John 14:16, 17; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:38, 39).
E. encouraging all believers, both Hebrew and Gentiles, to affirm, embrace, and practice the Law found in the Tanakh and Brit Hadasha (Ex. 19 & 20; Deut. 5; Jer. 31:31-34; Matt. 5:17-19 Matt. 28:18-20; I Cor. 7:19; II Tim. 3:15-16; Heb. 8:10; Rev. 14:12); as clarified through the teachings of Messiah Yahusha (Matt. 5:17-19; Matt. 11:28-30).
RECOVER the Hebrew Origins of the faith by creating settings for our mishpacha and their generation to shift from a “pagan church” to a “Hebraic assembly” mindset by:
A. assisting believers in understanding the paganism of infused in Christianity and rediscovering the Hebrew roots of the Faith through the teaching and instruction of biblical truths.
B. defying the traditional, conventional, ritualistic, religious and pagan systems of the Christian church to perpetuate pure worship and genuine Hebrew fellowship and reach the Prophetic dispersed of Israel, Nomadic (no place of worship), Static (stuck in religious systems) people groups.
RECLAIM the original heritage by:
A. teaching and providing resources to combat the centuries lies that has been forced on the Hebrews through a false Eurocentric teaching and Teutonic language of the scriptures.
B. establishing opportunities and platforms to take the awakened message of Hebrew heritage into domestic and international geographies to reach to awaken the dispersed of Israel with biblical truth and cutting-edge methodologies.
REPRESENTING as a light unto the nations by
A. Pattering our assembly after the New Testament model Antioch Assembly (Acts 11:19-27 & 13:1-3) that becomes a training and ministry distribution center that identify, equips, empower, authorize and activate Apostles, Prophets, Evangelist, Pastor and Teachers (Morehs) releasing and transplanting these ministry gifts to impact the world.
B. assisting in planting missional flavored Messianic Spirit-filled Hebraic Assemblies throughout the world where believers can be discipled, build relationships, be accountable amongst one an-other, be nurtured toward spiritual maturity, be active participants together in communal capacity, and expand the Kingdom in geographies where these groups exist.
C. meeting the needs of the impoverish populations by fostering social justice, academic, economics, physical and cultural development in the Metro Detroit Area
D. establishing a state-of-the-art K-12 school and academic training center with a strong emphasis on Hebrew history, language, education, arts, technology and academic excellence
E. Establishing and helping our community develop successful strategies to become our own financiers to help our community and members of our mish’pacha to achieve financial goals, gain residual income and become entrepreneurial by developing homesteads, collectively pooling resources, teaching fundamental biblical financial strategies and principles of stewardship to reverse the spirit of poverty and embrace cooperative economics for the purposes of being free from the current state of economic domination and exploitation by multiple forces in the world.
REMEMBERING the Commandments and encouraging all in our sphere to walk as the Messiah walked (1 John 2:6) in obedience to the laws and commandments of his Father (John 15:10) of the Scriptures by:
A. Observing the weekly Sabbath (on the seventh day) known as Saturday, just as did the Savior, Luke 4:16, as well as Paul and the Apostles, Acts 13:42-46; 17:2; 18:4. Singing, preaching, special music and familiar songs are a part of our worship.
B. Observing and participating with Yahuah on His Holy Days to honor His Three Annual Feasts, Exodus 23:14-19 (Feast of Unleavened Bread or Passover/Pesach which includes Day of First Fruits, Feast of Harvest or Pentecost or Weeks or Shavuot, and the Feast of Ingathering or Feast of Booths or Tabernacles or Sukkot which includes the Eight Day)
REINFORCING the message of the Gospel, Torah Teachings, sound doctrinal biblical concepts, and generation-specific methodologies with a strong target towards the non-religious, post soul generation and the unassembled Hebrew and Gentile populations. We will do this through:
A. Proclaiming the Word of the Gospel of the Kingdom through preaching the gospel to the lost tribes of Israel (Matt 15:24; 10:5) teaching Torah and preaching present day truth that corrects false doctrines and invades secular and religious systems
B. Restoring the Worship of the Kingdom through creative forms Worship and Performing Art Forms
C. Demonstrating the Works of the Kingdom through Community Transformation Initiatives and evangelization.
RESTORING Unadulterated Truth by
A. offering education and training that explores the contributions, genealogy, history, and prophecies concerning people of color in the Bible and the many African tribes played an integral part in the history and development of Israel as a nation.
B. preparing a Learning Academy for all Hebrew believers and leaders who believes Yah has called them to the work of the ministry, to exercise their gifts in ministry and to work, and witness for The Messiah; by preaching, teaching, and training for Kingdom service, and to present them mature in The Messiah.
RESTORING unadulterated worship by making effort to root out error that has crept into modern worship and return to the paths of pure worship through offering cutting-edge generation-specific music and worship arts renaissance for the express purpose of restoring the Tabernacle of David (Amos 9:11-13, Acts 15:13-17 ) as a model of assembly worship through:
A. Equipping congregational worshippers, worship artists and worship leaders to fulfill their priestly duty of praise and worship by training all those influenced by our ministry to possess organic excitement, exuberant-ant praise, unconventional worship styles, and unwavering faith to capture the heart and attention of Yah.
B. Developing musicians, praise teams, choirs and special groups whom play and sing through the prophetic nature of music with original creative songs and sounds, using all forms and genres of music to convey the heart of Yah to transform lives.
C. Creating a Levitical-type atmosphere where music, liturgical dance, drama, arts, flags, noise making devices, spoken word and poetry are working in sync to produce a celebratory environment that carries the very presence of Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) in various expressions of worship that causes the natural and the spiritual world to collide.
D. Creating a setting where performing arts, media, technology, and social networking devices augments acts of praise and prophecy within our worship experiences.
E. Creating a setting that will serve as a training center to evoke and pro-duce skillful musicians, psalmist playwrights, authors, actor(ess), artists, comedians, songwriters, directors and producers, with creativity, innovation, flexibility and equipped with Kingdom agendas to be released in the music and entertainment arenas.
F. Exposing our styles of music and arts to secular and sacred settings through Hebraic concerts, programs, musicals, live recordings, plays, drama, orchestras, recitals, movies, festivals, and similar type venues.
THE 5-FOLD ASSEMBLY STRATEGY
- Evangelize-To bring lives into harmony through preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom. (Community/Unassembled & Christian unknowingly involved in pagan practices)
- Fellowship-To bring lives into harmony with one another through regular Assembly attendance, membership and Assembly programs. (Crowd/Regular Assembly attendees)
- Spiritual Growth/Lifestyle Transformation-Through teaching and preaching Yah’s Word and practicing prayer, worship, giving, loving one another, and honoring Yah through obedience. (Congregation/The Mature & Growing)
- Discipleship - Serving Yah with our talents, gifts and abilities, anointed by the Ruah HaKodesh (Holy Spirit). (Committed/Spiritually Mature and Serving)
- Ministry-Ministers and mature Leadership-those who serve by leading - those who are committed to ministry. (Core group/Examples for other believers)
Great Awakening Assembly-Detroit exists to achieve the following purposes:
- To build a culturally diverse community of worship through our Messiah, Yahusha HaMashiach.
- To offer education and training that explores the contributions, genealogy, history, and prophecies concerning people of color in the Bible and the many African nations played an integral part in the history and development of Israel as a nation.
- To encourage life-long development and synergetic learning to current and future leaders called in the Body of the Messiah.
- To wake-up “Black America” to their true identity as Hebrews of the Scriptures
- To expose the truth of the proper historical context and doctrine of the Scriptures to all races, colors, ethnicities spreading the full truth of the gospel.
- To assist believers in rediscovering the Hebrew roots of the Faith through the teaching and instruction of biblical truths.
- To provide resources for those that want to combat the lies that has been forced on the Church through a false Eurocentric teaching and Teutonic language of the scriptures.
- To prepare all Hebrews who believes Yah has called them to the work of the ministry, to exercise their gifts in ministry and to work, and witness for The Messiah; by preaching, teaching, and training for Kingdom service, and to present them mature in The Messiah.
- To create a worship environment that teaches the supernatural, ethnicity, genealogy, and historical evidence contained within and outside of the pages of scripture pertaining to the original Hebraic faith, people, and doctrine.
- To provide believers with a Biblical framework and hands-on ministry skills to practically influence the world with the ultimate goal of salvation and proper discipleship of souls (Matt 28: 19-20).
For our community to remain socially relevant, we believe it is crucial to recognize, and be in contact with, popular thought. We believe it is crucial for the assembly to not only recognize, but to understand, and be able to discuss and explain truthfully, these concepts. We refer to them as our Core Values.
- APOSTOLIC – PROPHETIC MINISTRY We believe in Apostolic and Prophetic reformation of the Assembly as we focus on demonstrating Kingdom Power, Activation, Equipping the Assembly and Transforming our context to bring Reformation, Restoration and Reconciliation to the Body of Yahusha (So-called Christ) through Apostolic and Prophetic realities.
- CENTRALITY OF YAHUSHA While we value the dynamic work of the Holy Spirit (Ruach HaKodesh), we believe that the Spirit will always exalt and reveal the Mashiach. While we value the written Word of Yah we believe that it always reveals the living Word, Yahusha Ha Mashiach (So-called Jesus Christ). We seek to keep Yahushua Ha Mashiach at the center of all ministry and teaching at New Breed.
- COVENANTS Adamic/Edenic: Dominion over this World (Gen. 1:26-30). Abrahamic: Justification by faith alone (Gen 12-1-3; 17:1-14; Is. 51:1-2; Rom 4). Mosaic: Nationhood and Sanctification (Exo. 19-20; Deut. 4:13; Exo. 19:9). Davidic: The privilege of Ruling and Reigning (2nd Sam. 7:4-17; Jer. 33:17-26). The New Covenant: A renewal of the promises and provisions of the prior covenants, which were lost through unbelief and disobedience: (Jer. 31:31-37; Lk. 22:1-20; 1st Cor. 11:23-26; Heb 8).
- DIVERSITY We are committed to building a cross-cultural, cross-generational and cross-geographical assembly consisting of Hebrew and Gentile Believers that will impact our community, region and ultimately the entire globe.
- EDUCATION – LEARNING INSTITUTION We are committed to secular and hebraic education models and training for our members. We strive to become a scholastic learning institution and ministry distribution center that identify, educated, equips, train, empower, authorize and activate individuals releasing and transplanting them to impact the globe.
- FAMILY Families are the core institution of Yah’s kingdom. At GAA-Detroit, we promote strong, healthy families by providing support and education and by fostering mentoring relationships.
- KINGDOM Yahusha Ha Mashiach (So-called Jesus) primary message was the “Kingdom”. Therefore, Great Awakening is committed to proclaiming the Word of the Kingdom, restoring the Worship of the Kingdom and demonstrating the Works of the Kingdom to in the electoral, educational, ecclesiastical, economical, and entertainment arenas. The Kingdom of Yah is the realm of His rule and reign in heaven and on earth and through all of creation. It is manifest in various ways for all to see (Romans 14:17; 1st Corinthians 4:20). A person enters this glorious and powerful Kingdom through repentance of sin and faith in Yahusha as Elohim and Savior (Rom 10:9-10; Colossians 1:13-14).
- LOCALISM The local congregation/community is the Body of Messiah in that location. The local congregation/community is the fundamental manifestation of the greater corporate people of Yah in the world.
- MISSIONAL At Great Awakening we believe that we are a sent people, responding to the call of So-called Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit to go into all the world, witnessing to the power of the Mashiach and participating with Yah in the building of the Assembly and the extension of His kingdom (Matthew 28:19-20; 2 Corinthians 6:1).
- NEXT GENERATION At GAA-Detroit, we believe that we have a responsibility to invest in the lives of both youth and young adults. We are committed to the Baby Boomers, Generation X, Generation Y (Millennials), and Generation Z (Centennials). They are the future leaders of the awakening.
- OTHERS / OUTWARD FOCUS We must become passionate about reaching people through relationships. Yah has commanded us to be a part of bringing people into his family. We are committed to addressing and meeting every need of humanity despite color, race, tongue or creed. Moreover, feeding, clothing and addressing the necessities of life to the poor and disenfranchised and to faithfully evangelize non-religious and un-churched population. GAA-Detroit looks for every opportunity to get involved and be a presence in the community. For this reason, we mobilize our assembly to look beyond our walls to minister the gospel of Mashiach and make disciples in our community, our region, our nation and the world.
- PRAYER Yah desires an intimate relationship with all people. We recognize the necessity of Holy Spirit (Ruach HaKodesh)-led prayer at all levels in Great Awakening Detroit to cultivate a meaningful relationship with Him and others.
- PRESENT DAY TRUTH We are committed to Reformation teachings, preaching, ministry, mentoring, and strategies aligned with Present Day Truth that upgrades believers to shift sacred circles and invades secular systems.
- RELEASE OF GIFTS Yah wants to include His people in His plans. We believe that Yah has given gifts to all of His children and we will make a way for, and encourage people to utilize their gifts for the benefit of others.
- RELEVANCE At GAA-Detroit we will strive to always be relevant by using what is cultural to say what is timeless (the truths of Yah's Word). Our challenge is to take an eight track message (Gospel) to minister to an I Pod generation. Yahusha Ha Mashiach was relevant to society and to his hearers. We are committed to being culturally relevant to those we serve.
- TABERNACLE OF DAVID / MUSIC & ARTS We strive to create cutting-edge generation-specific music and worship arts renaissance for the express purpose of restoring the Tabernacle of David as a model of assembly worship Creating an atmosphere where all genres of music, liturgical dance, drama, performing arts, pageantry, flags, noise making devices, spoken word, poetry and other art forms are working in sync to provoke participants to possess organic excitement, exuberant praise, unconventional worship styles, and unwavering faith to capture the heart and attention of Yah.
- TECHNOLOGY New Breed believes in creating a setting where performing arts, media, technology, cyberspace, and social networking devices are forms and acts of praise and prophecy within our worship experiences.
- TOGETHERNESS / RELATIONALITY We believe that life is done best when experienced together, learning, growing, celebrating, and spending time with one another. They devoted themselves to the apostle's teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer . . . Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising Yah and enjoying the favor of all people. And Yahuah added to their number daily those who were being saved. Act 2:42-47
- TORAH Torah is the bedrock of all the Scriptures (Psalm 19:7-11).It is God’s instruction concerning righteousness (Psalm 119:142; 160; 172; 2nd Tim. 3:16). It is interpreted and applied through the lens of the teachings of the Messiah (The Apostolic Scriptures – Matt. 5:17-19; Matt.11-28-30).
- TRANSFORMATION Israelite believers are transformed as they yield to the power of the Ruach in them and renew their minds by embracing and trusting in the Holy Scriptures (Rom 12:2; 2 Thess. 2:13; 2 Cor. 3:17 - 18).The gifts of the Holy Spirit enable each believer to effectively represent Yahusha and His Kingdom in unique and powerful ways (1st Cor 12-14).
- WORD OF YAH We believe in the authority and eternality of the Holy Bible and are committed to teaching and living it out through corporate services, Bible studies, small groups and seminars. We seek to develop a learning culture where disciples are ever growing in their understanding of the scriptures.
- WORSHIP Worship contains formal and structured patterns of liturgy as well as informal and spontaneous forms. It involves our heart and intellect (Jn. 4:23-24). It is restrained and informed by the Truth (Holy Scriptures) (Deut. 12:28-32). We embrace a cutting-edge music and worship arts renaissance for the express purpose of restoring the Tabernacle of David (Amos 9:11-13, Acts 15:13-17 ) as a model of assembly worship.
- UNITY The observance of Torah affords Hebrew and Gentile believers the opportunity for practical unity (1st Corinthians 7:19; Heb. 8:10).From observing the annual Holy days to the weekly Shabbat we connect with each other and our nearly 4000 year old ordinances (Exo. 19-20; Exo. 31:12-18; Lev 23; Deut. 5; Rev. 12:17; Rev. 14:12).
- THE GOOD NEWS (BESORAH) - The good news is that salvation has come to Israel (see Luke 1:68-79) through belief (faith) in Yahusha HaMashiach, the son of YAHUAH, and so we must repent and believe the good news. Mar 1:14-15 “Now after that John was put in prison, Yahusha came into Galilee, preaching the good news of the kingdom of Elohim, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of Elohim is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.” So let us see what we should preach about the good news (gospel) according to this verse
- The time is fulfilled: the prophesied Messiah came and fulfilled prophesy of Israel’s Messiah
- The kingdom of YAHUAH is at hand: each day draws us closer to the coming kingdom
- Repent – turn from evil or back to Torah
- Believe the good news – believe on the good news of salvation through belief in the Messiah
- SALVATION IS FOR ISRAEL (& FOR THE STRANGER) The good news of salvation starts and ends with Israel, not with a new religion called Christianity. Not Israel the country, but Israel a people scattered over the “four corners of the earth” (Isa 11:12). The Bible speaks of salvation for Israel (Luke 1:68-69) through a Messiah sent for Israel. This salvation is through the Messiah Yahusha who was a Yahudym (Jew) of the tribe of Yahudah (Judah). Zec 8:7-8 Thus saith YAHUAH of hosts; Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country; And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their Elohim, in truth and in righteousness. It is important to know that salvation is only for Israel and gentiles who join themselves to Israel (Isa 56:6-8, Num 15:16). Furthermore, Israel must walk in obedience to YAHUAH’S commandments and laws. That is why they were in need of salvation because they did not obey the laws of the Most High. As a result, they were given over to their enemies and placed under the curses of the law (Deut 28:15-68). To redeem us from the curses of the law, the Messiah Yahusha was sent (Gal 3:13). Through belief in him, we will walk as He walked (1 John 2:6) in obedience to the laws and commandments of his Father (John 15:10). There is no provision in scripture, nor prophecy, that a people will walk in disobedience to him and be his people. None! Eze 36:26-27 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. The promise of the new covenant is that the Holy Spirit will cause us to walk in obedience to his statutes and judgments (his laws).
- NO REPLACEMENT THEOLOGY – We believe that Replacement Theology which teaches that Yah made promises, change his mind, broke those promises, and then make new promises to a different set of people is not biblical. If that was the character of Yah, we could not trust him. Therefore, Replacement Theology is a false teaching that we reject. We believe that Israel is the Assembly/Church that the Scriptures talk about. In order for Replacement Theology to be true, Yah would have to be a liar, because the promises he made to Israel would be null and void (Jeremiah 31:35-37).
- NEGRO/ISRAEL CONNECTION: We believe that physical Israel was enslaved and scattered among the nations (Luke 21:24). Although we hold the belief that people of color in the Americas are the true descendants of Israel, we are not associated with any Black Hebrew Israelite camp or doctrine. Our belief is based solely on Biblical and historical evidence. This has been proven historically, biblically, geographically, manuscript evidence, archaeological evidence, eye-witnessed accounts, corroborating accounts, literary consistency, and prophetic consistency. Many Israelites communities are coming to know this truth and are experiencing an awakening. The world, as we know it, will soon witness the "3rd Great Awakening" that Apostle Paul spoke of in Romans 11.
- THE SCRIPTURES – We believe the Bible (The Tanakh) in it’s original autographs) is the inspired Word of Yah. The product of ancient Hebrews of old who spoke and wrote as they were moved upon by the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) and we accept it as our infallible guide in matters pertaining to conduct and doctrine (II Tim. 3:16; I Thess. 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21).
- THE TORAH - We believe that the Torah (five books of Moses) is a comprehensive summary of Yah's foundational laws and ways, as found in both the Tanakh and Apostolic Scriptures (Ex. 19 & 20; Deut. 5; Jer. 31:31-34; Matt. 5:17-19; Matt. 28:18-20; I Cor. 7:19; II Tim. 3:15-16; Heb. 8:10; Rev. 14:12). Therefore we encourage all believers, both Hebrews and Gentiles, to affirm, embrace, and practice these foundational laws and ways as clarified through the teachings of Mashiach Yahusha (Matt. 5:17-19; Matt. 11:28-30) and His Apostles.
- MAN, HIS FALL AND REDEMPTION - We believe that man is a created being, made in the likeness and image of Yah, but through Adam's transgression and fall, sin came into the world. "All have sinned, and come short of the glory of Yah." "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one." Yahusha, the Messiah, the Son of Yahuah, was manifested to undo the work of the devil and gave His life and shed His blood to redeem and restore man back to Yah (Rom. 5:14; Rom. 3:10; Rom. 3:23; I John 3:8). We believe that salvation is the gift of Yah to man, separate from works and the law (Rom. 3:19-25), and is made operative by grace through faith in Yahusha, producing works acceptable to Yah (Eph. 2:8). Moreover, we believe that Yahusha is exclusively the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Him (John 14:6; John 6:29, 40, 44; I John 5:11-12).
- ASSEMBLY/CHURCH – We believe that the assembly/church consist of all Hebrews and Gentile Believers who have accepted Yahusha Ha-Mashiach as Savior of Israel; and that the local assembly is an organized gathering of believers who are united for the express purpose of true worship and fulfilling the great commission.
- BAPTISM OF THE RUACH HAKODESH (HOLY SPIRIT) - We believe the Baptism in the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) and fire is a gift from Yah as promised by Yahusha the Messiah to all believers and is received subsequent to the New Birth (Matt. 3:11; John 14:16, 17; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:38, 39). The gift of tongues is one of the many manifestations of the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) (Acts 19:1-7; Acts 2:4; I Cor. 12:1-11). We believe in the operation of all the gifts of the Spirit as enumerated in Yah's Word. We embrace all of the ministry of the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit).
- GIFTS OF THE RUACH HAKODESH (HOLY SPIRIT) - We Believe in all nine gifts of the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) continue to be expressed in the assembly/church today, and subject to the order prescribed by the scriptures. I Corinthians 12:4-11.
- WATER IMMERSION – We believe in the mandate to be baptized (immersed) in the name of the Messiah, as a public act of ritual conversion from death to life, from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light, from Satan’s domain to Yah’s domain. In regards to salvation, it is not efficacious but is intended to signify our repentance of sin and our turning to Yah by His grace through faith in Yahusha as Savior. This ritual water immersion is the believer’s public identification with the life, death, and resurrection of Yahusha the Messiah (Matt. 28:18-20; Acts 2:37-38; Rom. 6:1-8).
- YAHUSHA THE MESSIAH - We believe in the deity of Yahusha HaMashiach  (John 1:1-18), in His virgin birth (Is. 9:6; Is. 7:14; Matt. 1:18-25), in His sinless life (Is. 53; II Cor. 5:21; Lk. 1:35), in His miracles (Matt. 4:23-25), in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood (Is. 53; Dan. 9:24-27; Rom. 3:21-31; Heb 9&10), in His bodily resurrection (Zech. 12:10 & ch.14; Matt. 28), in His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Ps. 110; Ps. 16:10; Acts 1:1-11; Heb. 1:1-3), and in His personal return in power and glory (John 14:1-4 Acts 1:9-11; I Cor. 15:20-28; Hebrews 9:23-28).
- THE RESURRECTION - We believe in the personal, physical return, in power and glory, of Yahusha the Messiah to judge the living and the dead (John 14:1-4 Acts 1:9-11; I Cor. 15:20-28; Hebrews 9:23-28.) We believe in the physical resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation (Matt: 10:28; John 5:19-29; Rev. 20:11-15)
- ISRAEL - We believe in Yah’s everlasting covenant relationship with the Hebrew people and the spiritual blessings (Genesis 12:1-3, 17:1-7, Jeremiah 31:31-37). In the end times, after the tribulation, Israel will be saved (Zechariah 14, Romans 11).
June 1996—While serving as a Campus Pastor and an undergraduate student at Ferris State University, Yag began to show multiple visions to Dr. Ken concerning his pastorate calling and what will eventually become Great Awakening Assembly.
January 1998—While attending Dunamis Outreach Ministry, Inc. in Southfield MI, Pastor Reginald Lane (a mentor of Dr. Howard) prophetically spoke the words “Therapeutic Ministry” using the Hebraic term “Bâdâ" - meaning to invent or to create. This word “Bada” resonated with Dr. Howard and would eventually become the name of the church.
May 1999—Pastor Howard is released from his childhood church, (The Prayer Mission Church), where he served as Youth Pastor under the direction of Pastor Margurite Stephens. Pastor Ken afterward joined Christian Life Learning Center Church International in Flint (Burton), MI to be mentored by Drs. Henry and Karen Horton.
November 2001—Pastors Ken & Tawana Howard was released from Christian Life Learning Center and together with 14 other church planters they birthed “Bada Christian Center” in Detroit, MI. Bada held their first ten services in Finney High School (Pastor Ken’s alma mater).
September 2003—Bada Christian Center officially merged with Jubilee Christian Church and Apostle Ellis Smith to form Day Star Church International, where the Howards served faithfully for two years as the Senior Pastors. Yah began to call the Howards to “do their first works over again.”
July 2005— Yah began to speak to Pastor Ken’s heart about a “New Breed’ of believers that will tear down the traditional, conventional, bureaucratic, ritualistic and religious system of the former church.
August 2005—After months of prayer, godly counsel, consecration, and strategic planning - the Howards trans-planted the ministry to form New Breed Church.
October 2005—On October 20, 2005, New Breed held its first service at its new location 5201 French Rd. in Detroit, MI.,
January 2008—New Breed relocated to 21601 Schoenherr in Warren, MI to share buildings with Lord of the Harvest Christian Fellowship
August 2010—New Breed moved into its current location 4290 Marseilles in Detroit, MI – known as the Hanstein School building formerly of the Detroit Public Schools. Shortly afterwards, Great Awakening moved into its current administrative building located at 4300 Marseilles in Detroit, the former Area F Office of the Detroit Public Schools.
April 2012—In a metro directed vision to expand the vision of the assembly and to reach new people and communities; New Breed officially became One Assembly in Multiple Locations.
September 2014—New Breed held worship services at Lord of the Harvest Church for 3 months during a transitionary period
December 2014—New Breed moved to a suburban location and leased the former Deerfield School located at 15115 Deerfield Ave. in Eastpointe, MI
June 2016—New Breed moved to a temporary location at 23814 Schoenherr Rd. in Warren
January 2017—New Breed broke away from the paganism and tradition of the Christian Church and became a Messianic Charismatic Hebraic Assembly.
February 2017—New Breed begins to honor the Shabbat (Sabbath) and holds to have a Saturday Worship Service in addition to Sunday Worship (temporary).
March 2017—New Breed Church became New Breed Assembly
April 2017—New Breed Assembly officially dissolved Sunday Worship Services and fully honored the Sabbaths and Feasts
April 2020—New Breed Assembly officially became a part of the Great Awakening H2N International and became known as Great Awakening Assembly—Detroit